Monday, October 11, 2010

Cardiff National Museum

As we woke up to a rather gray day on Saturday, we thought it would be a perfect museum day, so we set out to visit the Cardiff National Museum!



and you read the sign right, free admission!  You know that's one of my favorite things of all!

On our way, there were some beautiful buildings that I just had to take pictures of and apparently hold up as well ;)






Inside there were lots of beautiful things to see, portraits, sculptures and more!



I believe that last skull is of a more modern period..........


Carrying on the tradtion of ceiling pics......


something scandalous to keep your attention..........


Opulant and random organ


along with an opulant and random couch and painting


organ up close


Greyhound picture, the ultimate in class!


and finished with some royal paintings:



After our hilarious trip to the museum, we walked around the city, finding more beautiful buildings and statues to take funny pictures with:





Ben then took me through Bute Park, which is a beautiful park right outside the walls of Cardiff Castle.  I took several pictures of the castle so you can see just how close it is!  Also took MANY changing of the leaves pictures, don't see much of Fall in Florida, so I had to take advantage!











After our day of art and the park, Ben and I treated ourselves to locally brewed beer and steamed mussells at Zero Degrees bewery:





Tomorrow I'll post the pictures from yet another castle day, St. Fagan's!




No comments:

Post a Comment