Monday, October 25, 2010

Sushi Chef

On Sunday I attended a sushi making class with Jo from my office.  Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures during the class, as my hands were covered in sticky rice most of the time, but I did take some pictures of the finished product.  Can you believe I prepared and rolled all this sushi by myself?  I was quite impressed if I do say so myself ;)

These are the California rolls I made and also the smoked salmon, crab and cucumber rolls:


These are more California rolls and also sashimi, which is basically rice wrapped in salmon:



I displayed the fruits of my labor beside the red roses Ben surprised me with that day:




We sat around the table on pillows, Japanese style and ate every last bit of sushi:



YUM!!!

I might just bring my sushi skills back to the US and make some sushi for the friends and family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment