Monday, November 22, 2010

Christmas Comes Early!

So, as many of you know, Christmas is my most favorite time of year!  I can't wait to decorate and put up a Christmas tree, however I always follow tradition and wait till Thanksgiving has passed.  Well, since I'm living in Wales, there is no Thanksgiving and that means I get to put the tree up early, yay!


And in breaking with yet another tradition, I went for a fake tree this year rather than a real tree, normally I would NEVER get a fake tree, but as I'm putting it up so early, I didn't want to risk a dead tree by the time Christmas rolls around.  So, Ben and I headed to Pound Stretcher on Saturday (which is my temporary replacement for my beloved Big Lots) and bought a 6 foot tree and all the decorations to go with it.  As many of you know, I love themes and this year's theme is stars!  So there is star garland, star lights, star ornaments and of course, a star at the top of the tree and even star window decorations.  I even decorated the table with little silver and gold stars:


Here is our pretty little tree all lit up for the night:


A very pretty site with the lights reflecting on the water in the background.

Merry early Christmas everyone!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment