Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Manchester

Ben and I headed north on Thursday to attend his cousin's wedding in Manchester.  The train ride was FOUR hours long, but went so quickly (the bottle of wine we brought helped the time go by as well), hence the jolly grins on the train:


Yay for trains!



Upon arriving at Manchester Piccadilly station, I would like to say this is the cab we took, it isn't, but it looked so English I just had to take a picture!



We had dinner at his Uncle Martin's house and feasted on delicious food prepared by his Aunt Ann, if only I had taken a picture, but I was too busy stuffing my face!  We dinned with Uncle Martin, Aunt Ann, Cousin Christine, Brother Andrew, Mum Gill and Dad Des.

The next morning we had a proper English breakfast at the Marriott in Worsley, where the wedding reception would take place later that day.  Ben introduced me to the fine delicacies of English cooking, can anyone guess what this is?



No, that's not a black bean cake or even a burnt griddle cake, it's black pudding!  You might also know it as blood pudding and yes, that's exactly what it is, animal blood!  Yes I did have a bite and no, I am not a blood pudding convert, but I thought it would make a great story to tell Erin while eating dinner ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment